Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Biography

My name is Rudy Jordan Arnachellum. I was born on January the 1st 1991 and i'm born in Englewood,New Jersey, but I was raised on an island called Mauritius in the Indian Ocean, where my parents were born. I started kindergarten in New Jersey and also did my first grade at Washington Elementary school before flying to Mauritius, where I attended elementary school at Notre Dame De Lourdes, and my whole High School at Saint Mary's. I came back to the United States in December of 2010 and started working, and now i am a student at Laguardia community college.

Language has played a huge role in my life. I can even say that i'm in love with languages. I actually speak 3 languages: English, French and Mauritian creole, and i'm learning spanish. My native language is English but I learned French and Creole in Mauritius, and knowing several languages vested in me the love for languages. If I had time, I would love to learn italian,indian and portugeuse too. To add to all this, the job i want to do in the future is related to language: I wanna be a translator at the UN.

Human rights? Well human rights is one of the most important things that exist on earth, but unfortunately, not all of us have realized its importance. We  use our human rights everyday, and everywhere we go: at work, at school, in the streets ,in trains, etc. They are the rights we have simply by the fact of being born on this earth. I got the opportunity to learn a lot about my human rights thanks to my classes in college actually. I was really amazed by all the stuff I learned during these months. Our rights are what allow us to live the way we are all supposed to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment